I agree. I go through the same thing in a way, not full on
depression like the narrator, but he needs to find a new purpose. He is kind of
a depressing character. With his philosophical ideas, the confusion he produces,
and the fact that he has not idea what is going on with anyone around him, especially
his own son. I agree with you that sometimes the journey may be better than the
destination, but I think mostly it is the destination that is worthwhile. But I
see what you are saying; sometimes there is a sort of sadness after finishing a
book or a movie. People become attached and need to find something else to fill
the gap they just created. I do like how all of these ideas come together. The
journey and destination debate lead into the depression of needing a temporary
goal and also the fact that things need to be reorganized, with anew structure.
Most of the ideas are intriguing, but the novel also provides so many of them
and such confusion that we can not enjoy the novel. Hopefully it will get
better.
No comments:
Post a Comment