I really do not find this novel to be interesting. It is the
same thing over and over again and I get so distracted as I read. But I must
say, it got a little better in this reading. After the description of
travelling and what was around them, they get to DeWeese’s house. I did not
really understand the description of the house. I also am not sure if the
narrator taught at the school, or if it was Phaedrus. I thought Sylvia was the
most interesting part of this reading. She was going to leave with John, and
did, only two days after they arrived. Why take such a long trip for nothing?
Anyways, she was very worried before she left. She can sense that the narrator
is having an internal struggle. We have known this for quite some time, but now
he is also worried that he needs to reestablish a friendship with DeWeese. I
feel bad for the narrator in a way. Sylvia knew that something was going on and
does not believe that Chris is in good hands. She is worried to leave them two
alone, but she really cannot do anything about it. When the narrator and Chris
visit the university, I found it weird that they were Phaedrus’ memories
dominating. Are they the same person? I need to find out. I think I may go
crazy if I do not. I really do not understand. And why does he want to go into
the classroom where he used to teach. And Chris did not want to go in, is there
a reason? Wait, did he teach there or Phaedrus? I cannot keep up with this. If
it is not scenery, the journey, or the ongoing debate on whether the journey or
the destination is better, it is a philosophical conversation about Phaedrus,
who I do not know his importance or role in the story. Actually, I do not se a
plot forming. Hopefully it is coming in art three, along with all the answers I
need, because if it stays this way for the rest of the novel, I will be just as
confused at the end as I was at the beginning. At least right now we have some
answers.
No comments:
Post a Comment