Sunday, January 26, 2014
Comment on Shannon's Post
I agree with Shannon that the repetition in this novel is quickly becoming absurd, we continue on with the bikes, Chirs complaining, the narrator allowing Chris to act up, and philosophical discussion that, at times, make my head hurt. As I wrote in my blog post, I, like Shannon, find it a bit sad that grades are such an important motivator in school work, and that they cause students to focus on getting a good grade rather then actually learning something. It is how our society is set up, we are made to believe that if we do not get good grades we will not get into collage and never amount to anything. Then in collage we are made to believe that if we do not get good grades we will not get a good job and, once again never about to anything. However, as I stated earlier, I believe that grades are a necessary evil because without them everyone gets into a state of sudo-senoritis, which I can tell from experience, is in no way productive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment